OSHP’s 17th Annual All-Ohio Virtual Residency Showcase
October 26th - 30th
Conducted via Zoom Sessions
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
All students are welcome, and those graduating in 2021 or 2022 are especially encouraged to attend. We hope this virtual version of our Residency Showcase can aid in your search!
All registrants will have the opportunity to create their own schedule and sign up for Residency Showcase sessions that interest them. These meetings occur over the course of 5 days and will be limited to only 8 students per Zoom call to ensure quality time for questions and networking.
Resident and Director Panel:
Panel will consist of residency directors and residents from around the state prepared to discuss the match process, interview pearls, and answer questions from the audience. Be sure to bring your questions!
Residency & Showcase 101
Programming geared towards students in the earlier professional years that will cover residency training and how to prepare for local and national residency showcases.
How to Succeed in IPPE/APPE
Get advice on how to be a top performer on rotations and promote your candidacy for future jobs and residency positions.
Curriculum Vitae Review:
Pre-registered students from ALL classes are welcome to sign up for a complimentary CV review conducted by experienced preceptors. Please email CVs to OSHPcvreview@gmail.com by October 16th in order to receive your feedback, which will occur in mid-November.
Learn the ins and outs of the residency application process including Phase I and II of the match process and step-by-step online PhORCAS process including how to upload transcripts, request letters of recommendations, and more!
Helpful Tips for Prospective Residents
- Make a good first impression! Dress professionally even though it's virtual.
- Prepare a CV for distribution.
- Do your homework. Outline sites you want to visit and familiarize yourself with that site prior to the big day. Certain sites offer several residency programs. Refer to the Sched application regularly to see who is registered and sign up for your desired session programs
- Be respectful of each program’s time. Have your questions prepared in advance.
- If you don’t get the opportunity to speak with every program, ask if anyone from the program is available for further discussion at another time..
For more information
For more information on this year’s Residency Showcase, contact Educational Affairs Director Jordan Long at Longj3@ccf.org or Executive Vice President Bob Parsons at email@example.com or 740-373-4949.