Akron Area Society
The Akron Area Society of Health-System Pharmacists (AASHP) invites in Ohio colleges of pharmacy to apply for its annual scholarship. The scholarship is offered each year to a student in his/her P1 - P3 year (P3 - P5 year in 6 years programs). The amount is $500 and the deadline is March 17. Please feel free to email Paula Politis at email@example.com with questions or to obtain an application.
AASHP was organized in 1947 and is a Local Affiliated Chapter of OSHP. It meets on the second Tuesday in January through May as well as September through November at Summa Health-Akron Campus in Akron. All students are free to attend business meetings and continuing education programs. Please contact Sunita Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org for RSVP's or directions/parking instructions.
Central Ohio Society
The Central Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists (COSHP) offers scholarships to qualified Ohio State University students enrolled in the Doctor of Pharmacy program. COSHP awards two scholarships annually to eligible students. Applicants must be full-time students at The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy and enrolled in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, and should demonstrate involvement in extracurricular pharmacy activities.
The scholarship award recipients are expected to attend monthly COSHP meetings, take an active role in SSHP at The Ohio State University, and attend the annual COSHP Scholarship Fundraiser Event in February. For more information, please contact Gretchen Lindsey, COSHP Secretary 2015-2017, at email@example.com.
Dayton Area Society
The Dayton Area Society of Health-System Pharmacists offers scholarships to be awarded to licensed Interns in their non-graduating year in an accredited college of pharmacy who intend to seek a position in the greater Dayton area or surrounding counties. For more information and online application, contact Ray Smith at 937 395-8377 or
- 2016: Kristen Hinshaw (University of Findlay), Mackenzie DeVine (Ohio Northern), Nicole Weckesser (Ohio Northern).
- 2015: Tara Pullins (Ohio Northern), Michael Czupryn (University of Toledo), Joe Zerka (Cedarville), Brooke Kohls (Ohio Northern).
- 2014: Austin Brown (Ohio Northern), Ashley Byrne (NEOMED), Christine Walton (Ohio State), Brendon Rasor (Ohio Northern)
- 2013: Kyle Hultz, Anli McCoy, Kelsie Moore, Alyssa Penick
- 2012: Karen Wirick, Zachary Crawford, Abby Ricket, Alison Steinbrunner
- 2011: Emily Brown, Raquel Candrall, Sarah Drake, Jacqueline Nunner
- 2010: Abigail Clark, Natalie Clark, Carla Huelskamp
- 2009: Megan Burns, Emily Bennett, Rachel Schroth
- 2008: Adrienne Derr, Julie Wirick
See Also: OSHP Scholarship for Non-Graduating PharmD Students