OSHP’s 9th Annual
All-Ohio Residency Showcase
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Crowne Plaza Columbus North
9:45 AM – 3:00 PM
This is your invitation to participate in OSHP’s
Ninth Annual All-Ohio Residency Showcase.
Each year the Showcase’s popularity continues to grow, and this year
will be no exception! Last year over 240
students attended, with 34 residency sites participating. All students are welcome, and those
graduating in 2013 or 2014 are especially encouraged to attend. Again this year, PharmD candidates from the
Class of 2013 will be given a period of exclusive access to the residency site
representatives. Downloadable Registration Form
Dual breakout sessions will be offered, featuring
current residents and practitioners, allowing you as students to better
customize the experience based on where you are in the residency exploration
Registration online is now closed - onsite registration will be available.
And of course, the Pharmacy Bowl academic
challenge is returning this year. Come
watch the University of Findlay try to defend last year’s title against Ohio
Northern University, the University of Cincinnati, The Ohio State University,
the University of Toledo, and Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)!
For the third year, a Clinical Skills Competition
will be held to help prepare Ohio students for national competition. Colleges will be asked to select 2 students to
represent each school. The competition
will occur in the morning prior to opening remarks. Information will be forthcoming
separately. The University of Cincinnati
is the defending champ.
Attending PharmD candidates are welcome to sign
up for a complimentary C. V. review conducted by experienced preceptors and
career counseling professionals.
The Residency Showcase will be held at the Crowne
Plaza Columbus North, located just off I-71 and State Route 161. Take Exit 117 from I-71, turn west onto Route
161. Turn right onto Busch Boulevard and go three traffic lights to Kingsmill
Parkway. Turn right onto Kingsmill
Parkway, which leads directly into the hotel parking lot.
Crown Plaza Columbus North
6500 Doubletree Avenue
Columbus, OH 43229
Phone 614 885-1885; Fax 614 885-3813
Lunch Will Be served!
After the Pharmacy Bowl and breakout sessions,
lunch will be served adjacent to the Showcase area. The buffet lunch and the residency site
exhibits will continue to be in separate areas to allow greater access to the
residency site attendees.
Lots of Great Giveaways!
Helpful Tips for
- Professional dress suggested
- Prepare a CV
- Do your homework. Outline
sites you want to visit during the showcase and familiarize yourself with
that site prior to the showcase.
- Sites may offer several categories of residency programs.
- If you don’t get a chance to talk to the program as much as you’d
like, see if any of the program representatives are available for further
discussion at another time.
- Be respectful of each program’s time – have your questions prepared
before you visit them at the Showcase.
Residency Sites Registered to Participate to Date Include:
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Akron General Medical Center
- Blanchard Valley Hospital
- Chalmers P Wylie VA Am Care Center
- Chillicothe VAMC PGy-1 Program
- Euclid Hospital
- Fairview Hospital
- Firelands Regional Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center
- Health Partners of Western Ohio
- Hillcrest Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente Ohio
- Kettering Medical Center PGY-1
- Kroger Pharmacy Community Residency Program
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center Pharmacy Residency Program
- Marymount Hospital
- Medina Hospital
- Mercy Northern Region
- Mount Carmel Health System
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Residency Program
- Northeast Ohio Medical University College of Pharmacy Residency Program
- OhioHealth - Riverside Methodist Hospital and Grant Medical Center
- Ohio Northern University
- OSU Ambulatory & Community Care Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
- OSU Wexner Medical Center
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital Family Medicine Residency
- Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
- Samaritan Regional Health System, Ashland
- South Pointe Hospital
- Southwest General
- St. Elizabeth Health Center
- St Rita's Medical Center
- Summa Health Systems - Akron City Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- UC Health - University Hospital
- University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
- VAMC - Cincinnati PG1 Residency Program
Need More Information?
For more information on this year’s Showcase,
contact Educational Affairs Director Jonathan Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Executive Vice President Bob Parsons at email@example.com or 740 373-4949.