Who is OSHP?
The Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists is an organization of pharmacists and associates who believe that pharmacy is a clinical profession whose main purpose is to serve the public by promoting rational drug therapy, providing appropriate drug use control and ensuring the safe and appropriate clinical outcomes from their use.
The mission of the Society is to support its members by advocating for the pharmacy profession and promoting safe and appropriate medication use.
In a word, OSHP is YOU!
Why Should I Join OSHP?
OSHP and your Local Affiliated Chapter (LAC) offer ongoing support for the continuing development of your pharmacy practice through:
- Focus on Ohio Pharmacy practice
- Local and Statewide network of pharmacy professionals
- Award Winning Bulletin Newsletter
- Continuing Education programs
- Practitioner Focused Educational Workshops
- Formulation of professional practice position papers
- Legislation tracking, testimony and newsletter updates
- Participation in pharmacy practice rules and regulation development
- Social events
- Participation opportunities in the OSHP House of Delegates and Division Committees
- Representation in ASHP House of Delegates and on ASHP Councils
Who is ASHP?
OSHP is the official affiliated state chapter of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). This national organization of pharmacists and associates provides significant support for health-system pharmacy practices through their publication, software, meetings, professional development, continuing education, legislative, and group benefit offerings. For more information on ASHP membership and services contact an OSHP officer or visit the ASHP web site at http://www.ashp.org/.